- 500g Chicken breast or thigh fillets (you can purchase pre-sliced breast fillets)
- 2 cups Jasmine rice
- 10g Ginger
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 piece Lemongrass
- 1-2 Spring onions, sliced finely
- 150g Peas
- 1 Carrot, finely diced
- 1 Capsicum, finely diced
- 150g Mushrooms, finely sliced
- 50g Snow peas
- 50g Bean sprouts
- ¼ bunch Coriander, finely washed and roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Measure rice and rinse with water in large sieve. Drain water to remove starch; water should run through clear.
- After rinsing, place rice into deep baking tray and then add 4 cups of boiling water. Cover tray with alfoil and cook in oven for 20 minutes.
- Defrost peas in a microwave for 2 minutes or until steaming.
- If applicable, cube chicken breast into 1-2cmx1-2cm
- Take rice out of oven and leave alfoil on for 5 minutes. Remove foil and separate rice grains with a spoon.
- Meanwhile, in a separate pan or wok, fry lemongrass, garlic and ginger with capsicum and mushrooms for approx. 5-10 minutes.
- Add chicken and peas to pan or wok and mix well.
- Add the chicken and vegetable mix to the cooked rice and top with spring onions, snow peas, bean sprouts and coriander.
If you need help, contact Allergy & Anaphylaxis Australia by completing this enquiry form or phoning 1300 728 000.
Content Updated: Sep 2022