- 225g chopped dates
- 350ml boiling water
- 3/4 tsp bicarb soda
- 125g milk free margarine
- 225g Orgran Self Raising flour
- 55g cocoa
- 225g caster sugar
- 2tsp Orgran egg replacer, blended with 4Tbs water
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Sprinkle dates with 1 tsp bicarb soda, cover with boiling water and allow to stand until cool.
- Grease and flour a 24cm spring form pan.
- Sift together flour, cocoa, and remaining bicarb soda.
- Cream margarine and sugar. Add egg replacer and mix well.
- Add vanilla, flour mixture and cooled date mixture, beating well between additions.
- Pour into prepared tin.
- Bake at 170C for 40 – 45 minutes until cooked when tested with a skewer.
If you need help, contact Allergy & Anaphylaxis Australia by completing this enquiry form or phoning 1300 728 000.
Content Updated: Sep 2023