- 2 Onion, roughly diced
- 2 Carrot, roughly diced
- ½ medium pumpkin (Japanese or butternut), roughly chopped
- ½ bunch Celery, finely sliced
- 2 medium Sweet potato, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbs Garlic, crushed
- 4 Potatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 litre Water
- ½ loaf Bread of choice
- Margarine of choice
- Roughly dice onion, carrot and celery.
- To a large saucepan, add onion, carrot and celery and salt. Stir slowly for 15 minutes on low-med heat.
- When only slight colour on onion, add pumpkin, garlic, potato and sweet potato.
- Add enough water to just cover vegetables.
- Bring to boil and simmer until the vegetables are soft (approx 30 minutes)
- Blend soup with large stick blender, a little texture is fine.
- Season to taste with sugar, salt and pepper.
- Serve with bread and margarine.
If you need help, contact Allergy & Anaphylaxis Australia by completing this enquiry form or phoning 1300 728 000.
Content Updated: Jan 2023